The Missionary Cenacle
In 1909 Fr. Thomas Augustine Judge, CM organized a lay group of women. That first meeting which took place in Brooklyn, NY at St. John’s Parish was the beginning of what was to become the Missionary Cenacle Apostolate (MCA). From this lay organization eventually came two new missionary religious congregations: the Missionary Servants of the Most Blessed Trinity (a congregation of women) and the Missionary Servants of the Most Holy Trinity (a congregation of men). Eventually, a secular institute of the laity was formed, the Blessed Trinity Missionary Institute (BTMI). Father Judge believed in the capacity of ordinary men and women to love and serve God in the ordinary circumstance of their lives. He taught that by being a loving presence to the people we meet in our daily life we live out our Baptismal call to be Apostles.